FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

Overheating problems with my 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser...

Customer Question

Overheating problems with my 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser... Serviced by 2 certified Chrysler Mechanics flushed radiator, checked head gaskets & found no problems.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mileage 129,000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son a licensed car dealer purchased from the 1st owner which said the car had no problems at the time of trade in. My son's Chrysler Mechanic inspected at the time of my son's purchase & found no problems. Problems occurred shortly after driving 50 miles
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** for the question. Can you tell me under what kind of driving conditions that it overheats? How was the head gasket checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Bobby :) Over heating occurs after driven 1 mile from my home town. Head gaskets was checked by a mechanic removed all down to the head gaskets. No cracked head gaskets
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If the cooling system fan is coming on and if the thermostat is new then most of the time this is a radiator hose that may be collapsing or possibly poor flow from a worn out water pump. Most of the time though on this engine it is an internal problem. Pulling the heads and visually checking the head gasket honestly does not tell you much. The cylinder head needs to be checked for warpness. A warped head allowing combustion pressure to enter the cooling system is the most common problem on this engine.