sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

05 sebring temp door wont work new act and control

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the door moves by hand and you're able to control temperature that way then the issue is the actuator not being driven. If the actuator and control head were replaced with new parts and the door is not being controlled then the issue is with the body control module or the wiring between it and the actuator.

Was a calibration done after the parts were replaced, and if so did the actuator move during the calibration?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont know how to do calibration. almost impossible to find info on this car

Remove the IOD fuse from the box on the dash for about two minutes. Reinsert the fuse, turn the key on and blower motor on. The doors will sweep during calibration and after about a minute then you'll regain normal control. See if you can then change temperature.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont see an iod fuse under hood no owners manual dont know what fuses are disconnecting battery the same bcm need to be programed the first time i replaced the control it worked for a few months

It's in the junction block in the dash.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the side of bcm?

The junction block is the fuse box in the left end of the dash. Open the door and remove the cover on the end of the dash to expose it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i looked there have panel and dont see anything marked what else can it be called this is a base model no climate control

It's the ten amp fuse slightly raised up from the others.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did that does not sweep or change

The mode and recirc doors did sweep, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry had long work days no time. The other doors swept. Do you have a schematic so I can check for open or shorted wire

Do you have a test light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a test light and dvom worked at chevy for 25 years know a little

Do you have a scan tool that will communicate with the BCM then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only a tech 2 does gm only I have a test light and digital volt ohm meter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i get a wiring diagram so i can test for open or shorted wire in hvac with a ohm meter. i work a lot if hours and dont always have time to go check what you tell me right away or even read the e mail
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I didn't see someone else was involved, sorry. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can someone help with this. i work on this when i can. im looking to check the wires for open or short before i try a bcm

It looks like your question had timed out due to age and I never saw your last post.

The blend door driver wires are the dark blue/white and dark blue/red, pins 15 and 25 in BCM connector 2 respectively.

The dark blue/gray is the sensor ground, pink/dark blue is the 5v supply from pin 1 in connector 2, red/white is the signal wire in pin 8.