Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2002 chrysler 300m. It has been years since my

Customer Question

I have a 2002 chrysler 300m. It has been years since my heated seats worked. The driver's side element was definitely bad, burnt me. About 6 months later, the passenger seat stopped working. I purchased a new driver seat that has working heat, my husband installed & it doesn't work. Neither of the switches light up.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Was the seat you purchased from the same year and model as yours, if not, the wiring may not match functions.
did it come with the wiring harness connectors or did your husband have to hardwire it in
is it only the heat portion of the new seat that doesnt work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything else works. It was wired the same. The passenger seat stopped working before that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know why I want them to work, the driver's seat burnt me, lol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would the button light up even if the elements are bad?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
My wife had me disconnect hers in her vehicle because they got too hot for her to be comfortable. She thought they would be good to have here in SD, but decided after the first month she would rather not.
Ok, give me about an hour to pull up the schematics and see what we will need to do, and your husband may need to do a bit of electrical testing, but I can walk him thru it in this format if needed.
Yes, the button would light up even if elements are bad. The light is just signaling that there is power there to the switch.