FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

I have a Chrysler 2008 AWD. I'm having intermittent issues

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler 2008 AWD. I'm having intermittent issues with starting the car. At times, the car just won't respond to the key being turned, or a remote start attempt. There is a very light buzzing for a couple of seconds then the car goes dead. Definitely no action of the motor turning over when this happens.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if any dash lights come on when this occurs or does it act like a dead battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dash lights come on, radio, and fan as well. But when it doesn't start, the fan and radio will stop (dash lights still on).I replaced the battery and had the same thing happen.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. There are several common issues on this car that will cause this. One of the most common is a communication wiring failure between modules. I have seen this many times and it is hard to diagnose. I have also seen a bad connection from the battery cable to the fuse box under the hood and the ignition switch fail. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't plan on fixing it myself unless the issue is pretty straight forward. I'm hoping to be able to do a bit of troubleshooting.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

If you have a voltage meter you need to check and see what the battery voltage is at the large terminal on the fuse box under the hood when it will not start. If it is less than the battery when trying to crank then there is an issue. If it has the same battery voltage then also make sure that the fuses in the fuse box also have that voltage. If they do not then replace the fuse box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it. I'll check those tonight.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need anything along the way. Thank you.