Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

How can I deactivate the backup alarm on a 2012 chrysler

Customer Question

How can I deactivate the backup alarm on a 2012 chrysler town and country
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! my name is ***** ***** I would like to thank you for allowing me to assist you! There is no factory backup alarm, but there is a factory back up system called Parktronics that will beep when you get close to something when backing up. Is that what you mean?
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Being near something has nothing to do with it. A soon as the gear shift lever is put in the reverse position the very annoying alarm beeper goes off just backing out of the garage with nothing behind the vehicle.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

And this beeping is coming from outside of the van to warn other people that you are backing up? Or is it inside of the van?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I think you are talking about the "Park Assist" feature of the van. If so, then there is something wrong with it. It should not beep until it detects an object behind the van. However you can disable it by reading and following the procedures I have provided in the link below. Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see the procedure. Use the buttons on the steering wheel to scroll to "personal settings" and the to "Park Assist" then go to "disable" to turn it off. I hope this helps,

Chris'

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbqq4xybzbnxmjm/2012%20RT%20EVIC.doc?dl=0

.