Vipertech
Vipertech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  11 years of Factory Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler training
3256298

I HAVE A 2005 TOWN AND COUNTRY WITH P0700 & P0740 THAT JUST

Customer Question

HELLO! JOHN, I HAVE A 2005 TOWN AND COUNTRY WITH P0700 & P0740 THAT JUST POPED UP, ANY SUGESTIONS?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.

Afternoon, code P0700 just means to check the TCM (transmission control module) because there are codes present. Which brings us to P0740. P0740 is torque converter clutch out of range. The issue will be an internal issue with the transmission. It will require a trans hydraulic pressure test first and then based on the results.....will need either trans removal and tear down for inspection and/or torque converter replacement.

Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.
If you feel that the question was answered completely then please accept the answer and leave positive feedback. This way the question can be updated and I can be paid thru the website for the time spent helping you. This is the way that the experts on this site get compensated. You can still reply back at anytime on this question even after leaving the positive feedback and accepting the answer. Thanks for letting me help you.
Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.

Evening, as experts on this site......we make nothing in the form of payment for the work we perform. When you sign up on this site.....you place a "deposit" before asking your question. The "deposit" does not get used until you accept the answer and leave positive feedback. Then and only then do the experts answering questions on here get compensated. It is not automatic and requires your input. If you still need further help then feel free to reply back and I will help you further. Otherwise to be compensated on my end....I need your acceptance. Thanks again for letting me help you