sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Ted, I have a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire that the alarm seems

Customer Question

Hey Ted, I have a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire that the alarm seems to keep from starting. The alarm was going off occasionally so I started to investigate online. No water in trunk near compressor for locks or the module mounted near it. I replaced the siren since it started to sound very weak with a second hand one car still wont start. The odd thing is. That in the morning when its cooler it will start right up on most occasions. In the afternoon in the when the suns beating on it nothing. I hear there is a SKREEM module under the dash that might be the issue?
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car won't even crank. But like I said in mornings will start or after sitting for awhile. like hours. I hear it could be a engine management relay or a crankshaft position sensor. What are your thoughts? My thoughts are on fuel cut off/ alarm. I replaced the keyfob housings recently and forgot to transfer that little magnet inside. The car sputtered and stalled then went to nothing at all. After I installed the magnet in its rightful place in the keyfob car started right up. But now that I think of it. I had this issue happen once or twice before I replaced fobs
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The crank sensor would cause a lack of spark but wouldn't prevent the starter from engaging.
The problem could definitely be the antenna coil or SKIM/SKREEM module. This is what communicates with the transponder in the key to allow the engine to start and run.
You mentioned replacing the keys. These were programmed to the car at the time of replacement? Pressing the lock and unlock buttons locks and unlocks the doors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only replaced fob covers. Lots of forums refer to crank position sensor causing car to stall. Your answer was incredibly weak and not worth it at this point
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for attitude just frustrated. I mentioned only replaced covers in my question. This is my daily driver and funds for actual mechanic non existent
Do you have access to a scan tool capable of communication with all modules?