Vipertech
Vipertech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  11 years of Factory Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler training
3256298

2006 Pacifica with almost 50k miles.The check engine light

Customer Question

2006 Pacifica with almost 50k miles.The check engine light came on during a drive up I275/I4 on hot afternoon. we've been having a/c issues, but doubt its related. After parking, engine won't go above 2600rpms. No hoses loose either. Any ideas so I can talk with dealership with confidence? Thanks a bunch!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.

Evening, you mentioned the check engine light coming on. That right there is the first and most important step we need to check into. We need to retrieve the code or codes and then have a direction to start moving into. You can go to your local auto parts store and they will check the codes for you free of charge. The codes will start with a letter and then 4 numbers. Example: P0300 . Make sure to write down the code numbers. Once you have the codes, let me know so that I can help you further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...it will be a few days before I am able to do so.
Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.

Thats fine. I will keep an eye out for your reply

Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.

Evening, I was following up to see how things are going so that I might be able to help you further.