Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have a 2005 pacifica, batter drains fast and no power

Customer Question

i have a 2005 pacifica, batter drains fast and no power comes from alternator. Thing is just replaced alternator and its a new battery.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

There is a Light Blue fusible link between the starter and the alternator Red/Gray wire.

The alternator field (what makes it charge the battery) is controlled by the main computer (PCM). When there is a problem with this circuit, the PCM turns on the Check Engine Light and stores a trouble code. If you need to, you could take the vehicle to a place like AutoZone where they'll do a scan for free.

Best Regards.

Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, kindly accept and rate my answer now. If it didn't, please reply.

Best Regards.