sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

The front/ rear adjustment screw is locked on my 2006

Customer Question

The front/ rear adjustment screw is locked on my 2006 Chrysler town and country van.
The motor works however the seat travels only one eighth of an inch
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the seat won't move forward and back it could be a failed motor, a mechanical failure of the adjuster assembly, or an issue with one of the tracks.
The first thing you'll want to do is make sure nothing foreign is blocking seat movement. Since you've been in the area already I don't expect that will be the case.
If you do hear the motor and the seat attempts to move then you can rule out an electrical issue and the problem has to be a mechanical failure with one of the adjuster assembly components.
If nothing foreign is blocking movement ten the adjuster assembly will need to be replaced, or you can buy a replacement assembly and try to swap just the parts you need. It's intended to be serviced as an assembly, separate parts and repair procedures for the adjuster aren't available. A used assembly would be the cheapest way to repair it.