sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My town and country is not starting with the remote the

Customer Question

My town and country is not starting with the remote the engine light will turn on and off with it running the idle will rise and fall and the left rear sliding door will not open at all with or without the remote and there have been times that it won't start with the key either. What do you think that it is?
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I disconnect the battery and reset it?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
YOu have at least a couple different problems going on.
The engine won't start with the remove start if there is a fault code set so the engine light being on is going to be related to the remote start issue. The sliding door and starting issue with the key will be separate.
The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are setting in the powertrain control module. Do you know what codes are setting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. I don't I haven't had it check for codes yet. I will go to auto zone and see if they can pull any codes from it.
Let me know what you find!