gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

Someone overfilled my engine with 4 quarts of oil n then

Customer Question

Someone overfilled my engine with 4 quarts of oil n then cranked it several times destroying the rids pistons etc knocking loudly n undriveable. I bought used van for the motor which had low miles. My brother changed motor out. I drove the van 1 1/2 days n it run great until it died as I was parking and it blew out gray smoke and starting hissing very loudly under the hood. Aftr he changed out spark plugs fuel pump ECM it was still flooding out the spark plugs with fuel but he couldn't I gyre out the problem. He came n got temp control sensor from the intake manifold he had left in the parts van and put it on the new motor. It fixed that probl but he claimed radiator wa leaking a little n put one on from parts van n said it leaked worse. So he put original back on n said it leaked bad now too. What has he done to my motor and radiator by leaving off that temperature coolant sensor from the motor intake when he first replaced motor?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

It's more likely that he just swapped the part from the old van, took yours out and put the other part in. I don't think he could have driven it without a sensor in there. Unless you are just trying to blame your brother for the problems, after he fixed the van for you? It is a 20 year old van, things are going to break and wear out.