Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a problem with a chrysler 200. I'm in the bay area..

Customer Question

hi
i have a problem with a chrysler 200. I'm in the bay area.. can you help?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you on this concern.
I just finished reading your question and I need a little more information. Can you please let me know...
-What year is your Chrysler?
-How many miles are on your Chrysler?
-What type of engine is in your Chrysler?
-What have you already tried?
And thank you for trusting me with your problem. I am passionate about what I do and am looking forward to helping you in any way I can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is brand new 2015 AWD Chrysler 200c. Very limited miles on it, and I got it from Chrysler. If you need me to check exact miles let me know, but it is very very low... We are a software development shop and we are trying to install some software on the head unit. I also don't know the engine type. If you can let me know how I can find that out, I can do that.I had something plugged into the cigarette lighter, and that drained the battery.I tried to use jumper cables, to jump start the car. That worked, but as soon as I disconnected the jumper cable, the car stopped. I tried jumping the car again, and leave it running for 15-20 minutes, but that didn't help. As soon as I disconnected the cable, the car stopped.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Do you have access to a voltmeter to check battery voltage?
Have you tried having someone press the accelerator pedal after you jump start it to rev the engine up while you disconnect the jumper cables?
We need to know battery voltage before starting the vehicle, also when running and hooked up to the jumper cables and lastly, if you can keep it running by feathering the accelerator pedal I need to know battery voltage during this time also...
Lastly, what type of software are you attempting to install? What purpose does this software serve?
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert