Vipertech
Vipertech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  11 years of Factory Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler training
3256298

2005 Town and Country radio display only works speraticaly.

Customer Question

2005 Town and Country radio display only works speraticaly. The radio plays whatever channel it was on, but none of the buttons function, and there is nothing on the display. No way to change the radio channel or play a cd. Very strange problem. Any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.

Evening, working at the Dodge dealership..... I can tell you that the problem with the radio is internal. The main clue is that none of the buttons function. Its an older radio that has no other external control module that would have any affect on its operation. Being that it comes on means that both 12 volt power supplies are good as well as the ground. This then means the problem is internal. The repair is replacement of the radio. There is nothing you can do to repair this radio your self. When we come across an issue with this style radio.....a company contracted thru Chrysler does the repairs and exchange units are shipped out when the vehicle is still under warranty. Being that the vehicle is 10 years old....used replacements can be found on places such as EBAY. Depending on the exact unit....prices can vary from $40.00 to around $150.00.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. I'll start looking for a replacement.
Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.
Your very much welcome. If you feel that the question was answered completely then please accept the answer and leave positive feedback. This way the question can be closed and I can be paid thru the website for the time spent helping you. You can still reply back at anytime on this question even after leaving the positive feedback and accepting the answer. Thanks for letting me help you.