Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience:  Electrical master,Diesel Specialist,Lead tech/ shop foreman
12781541

Chad, im sterling. I replaced the fuel pump and filter in my

Customer Question

Hi Chad, im sterling. I replaced the fuel pump and filter in my 2000 chrysler cirrus, due to a p0171 error code, and a mechanic saying I had just about no fuel pressure. I still have no fuel pressure after the repair. Any thoughts on that?
This all happened after I had to gun my engine to avoid being hit by another vehicle. After that I was getting the error code, and the car would turn over for 5-10 seconds before actually cranking. Thats when I had it diagnosed and replaced the parts.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.

How much is just about no pressure?

Has anyone put a fuel pressure gauge on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the specifics on it at the moment I will update you when I talk to my mechanic tomorrow. At the moment though there is no fuel at all coming from the fuel line to the fuel injectors.
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.

Is that with the pump running?

If that is the case, somewhere between the pump and the line at the rail, it is clogged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct. When I turn the key to the ON position I hear the fuel pump engage. On this model Chrysler is there anything that connects to the fuel line between the connection at the fuel filter and where it connects at the rail? Or it is just a straight shot from one end to the other with nothing in between? Any possibility of a schematic?
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.

There is a line kit that installs in between the line and the rail with a tap port on it to check pressure. Either Miller tool #6539 or 6631.

But if you can hear the pump and there is nothingf at the rail, the supply fuel line is clogged with something

Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.
Did the pressure get checked?