Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 2.7 engine and was told I have a

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 2.7 engine and was told I have a cracked plenum. How do I fix this problem since a new plenum is no longer available. My car shakes sometimes when you start it, the check engine light goes on & off, and it makes a big flap sound like something was stuck and finally opened.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

can you see the crack?

sorry,i see where you said you tried jb weld,,jb weld wont hold on this composite ,you can try plastic weld[you can buy at most auto parts stores]it may hold,,but,the best thing to do is to replace the upper intake,,you can buy these on ebay.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=2005++chrysler+2.7+intake+manifold&_sacat=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=2005++chrysler+2.7+intake+manifold&_sacat=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help