Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300c i was sitting my car running the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300c i was sitting my car running the Ac i the temp gauge start rising .. then i here a rattle in my radiator. I see the antifreeze bottle fill up.. over the max level.. i turn off the car and let it sit .. the temp started to go down.. 10 minutes later the coolant was relased out the bootle.. i started the car back up .. no rattle from the radiator and temp stayed in the middle... had the water pump change 4 months ago but didnt ,change the thermostat. . The car has 150,000 miles on it
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Two possibilities - the engine cooling fan is not turning on at correct temperature or a sticking thermostat. The fan would need to be tested with a scan tool to command it on a certain temperatures to see if it is responding properly. If not, replace the fan.
The thermostat is tested by removing it and placing in a pot of water and heating it up to see if it opens or not.
Most of the time it is the thermostat. You want to go with a 180 degree one.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks