sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I've changed the clutch and also the hydraulic command on a

Customer Question

I’ve changed the clutch and also the hydraulic command on a Chrysler Voyager 2004 2.5 CRD. The problem is I can’t change any more the speed selector when engine is running.
Making a test with the engine stopped I’ve seen that when the pedal is pushed at maximum there is still a friction between the clutch and the flywheel.
What could be the problem? Is there a way to adjust the pedal or the slave cylinder?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The clutch disc still being engaged to the flywheel with the pedal pressed is why you're unable to get it into gear with the engine running.
There isn't an adjustment on a hydraulic clutch.
If the clutch won't disengage then you have an issue with the replacement parts or there may still be an issue with the hydraulics. If you installed a slave or master cylinder on it's own then there may be air in the system or the opposite part from what you replaced may be bad. If you replaced the salve cylinder only then it may need a master cylinder.
What parts specifically were replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both master and slave cylinder was replaced. Also the clutch (plate + pressure) and clutch release bearing changed too.
Everything else is 'old'.
I can try to bleed the air from the circuit, how to do it while nothing is foreseen for this?
I can measure the push rod length of the slave cylinder when the pedal is pressed to see if it get out enough, but I need to know what is a correct value. Do you have this info ?
What was the original problem that the repairs were made for?
Where did the parts come from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Difficulty to change the speed selector ( but still possible).
Spare parts was bought on Internet from professional stores.
The parts were aftermarket then, correct?
Were the master and slave cylinders separate parts or did they come as an assembly with the line?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The master and cylinder came as two separate parts.
How did you bleed it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to the service manual the bleeding is automatic, so I didn't done anything special.
Can you provide a link for the actual parts you bought?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.pieces-voyager.com/fr/embrayage/5706-recepteur-embrayage-pour-voyager-rg-25-crd-4641944aa.html
http://www.pieces-voyager.com/fr/embrayage/6114-emetteur-d-embrayage-pour-voyager-rg-25-crd-5310025ahpc.htmlThe spare part references are in the final part of the URLs, but I have no idea if they are Chrysler references or manufacturer ones.
I'm a full time tech and at work this morning,I'll get back to you as quickly as I can!