Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.
27644750

2006 PT Cruiser. The car will not start just by turning the

Customer Question

Hi, 2006 PT Cruiser. The car will not start just by turning the key. When we pull back on the shifter (automatic) and turn the key, the car will start, otherwise, it will not. any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Do you mean pull back as in towards reverse or towards park? Just want to be on the same page. Also was any work performed recently ?

Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the issue is the cable is loose or binding internally. Here are some pictures of the cable replacement. That is what I would check as your park sensor is internal to the trannssision. So it cannot be the shifter itself. It will most likely be the cable is not adjusted correctly or its loose or worst case the transmission range sensor is the issue. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.