bill
bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert
5203640

I have a 2010 Chrysler 300 touring. Passenger window will

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Chrysler 300 touring . Passenger window will not go up but it will go down . I put it down half way and it wouldn't go back up. Which circuit breaker in trunk is for window . I don't have a Manuel and the lid isn't marked
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

your problem will most definitely NOT be a circuit breaker or fuse, there is only 1 breaker for the windows and it feeds all 4 windows do if 3 windows work properly the breaker is fine, also if a window goes 1 direction and not another the problem is either a broken wire in the door harness OR a bad switch, remember how a DC motor is reversed you simply need to reverse the polarity of the motor to reverse it's direction unlike an AC motor that is more complicated to reverse, the function is in the switch here OR one of the door modules(computers that control the window functions, NO these are not simple wired systems anymore there are many computers that perform different functions including window and lock functions).

if your confident in your electrical skills i can provide a wiring diagram for you to follow and some guidance in finding the root cause of your problem.

i will need the vin since all our wiring is vin based

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll deal with window later . I was checking fuses and now car will not turn over all the way . Just cranking and shuts off. I'm sure I put fuse in wrong location . I need a fuse box diagram . Vin 2c3ca5cv6ah167222
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

which fuse box, underhood or in the trunk

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In trunk
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

ok give me a few minutes and i will send along a link to the fuse box, it will be called the PDC or power distribution center

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/maor5ctykctayvj/fuses.pdf?dl=0

above is a link to the owners manual page in PDF format to BOTH fuse boxes, i think this will help you and you can print it out and keep it in the glove box

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you want assistance with the windows as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok . Started. Thanks . Now if the passenger window switch doesn't work will that stop the main door window switch control over it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Passenger switch works to lock and unlock door only
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
could be 2 things ASSUMING you verified all the wires in the door are intact, 1 a switch that has failed, 2 a door module that has failed, does the window operate correctly from the master switch?
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
do all the other windows (rear) operate correctly from the master switch and their respective switches
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Master switch operates everything's but passenger window . It's master right
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
left switch is the master switch right is a slave switch
if neither the left or right switch operate the window correctly i would look at the wires in the LEFT (drivers side) door.
the way the windows work is via 2 electronic control modules called door modules, there is a left and right one, these modules control window operation lock operation and many other functions, they communicate via a communication bus (think old school phone lines) if there is a broken wire the module cannot communicate and will not operate, there is a possibility you will need a trip to a shop with a DEALER LEVEL scan tool that can communicate with all the computers in the car and see if the door module is communicating on the bus and if it has thrown any codes, the switches are NOT traditional switches you may be familiar with, they contain resistors that the computer reads, the modules send out a reference voltage of around 5 volts to the switch, the resistor in the switch reduces the voltage to a lower one depending on which button is pressed and in which direction, the module sees the reduced voltage and sends out the command to the window motor relays in the module that then operate the motor in the desired position.
this makes it relatively easy to diagnose any problems because with a proper scan tool the tech can see what is happening i.e. does the module actually see the switch operate or not, and is the module actually awake and online.
the downside is it makes it difficult to do much more than look for bad wires if you do not have a scan tool.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
following up to see if you still need assistance