Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have a Chrysler town and country 2012 with 71,000 miles.

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler town and country 2012 with 71,000 miles. car started shuddering really bad while driving took it to pep boys they said the spark plugs were shot and replaced for $371.00. vehicle is still shuddering while excellerating just not as bad.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Why on earth would changing spark plugs cost $371? Can you scan that receipt, post it and show it to me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure but how about my question
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Is this the 3.6l? I see total labor time for all 6 spark plugs is only like 1 hour. At an average of $75 an hour, plus the price of the spark plugs that should be no more than $75 plus maybe at $5 a plug, like $30. that's only $105. Why is the bill so high?

Is the check engine light on? Did Pep Boys retrieve any computer codes? If so which?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They charge me for the engine diagnostics shop cost labor and spark plugs . The diagnostics said there was a misfire so they change the plugs I read took it back and they did not get any diagnostics response for problem . The mechanic told me he thinks it's the transmission but they don't specialize in that . I have trouble believing it's the transmission
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually the check engine light never came on even from the beginning and it's still not on
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so what is your question?

You opening post never contained a question, although your second post said, "Sure but how about my question".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vehicles shuttering really bad while accelerating mechanic said diagnostics was a misfire can you change plugs car is still shattering just not as bad when accelerating
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I assume you have a question about how to diagnose and repair the engine shuddering or studdering. I would try a new fuel filter and if that don't fix it, check he fuel pressure.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

The fuel system pressure for the 3.6l should be 58 psi ± 5 psi.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
If a new fuel filter and doesn't fix it and the fuel pressure is ok, you might want to try having the fuel injectors cleaned next and also drain, clean the fuel tank and put some fresh gas in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok il try the fuel filter first
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me know if that fixes it or not.