sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a Chrysler T&C 2010 4.0L it has a PO300 Code.

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler T&C 2010 4.0L it has a PO300 Code. Replaced plugs issue continues. There is also a clicking noise from the engine when running. The engine also doesn't stay running for more than a minute before losing power than shutting off.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced cam sensor, crank sensor, Injectors on 4 and 6. Compression test #4 is below 100. Removed valve cover on 2,4,6 no obvious signs.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are many things that can cause misfires but the low compression on number 4 is significant. It's possible that the misfire in number 4 could be causing it to set the multi cylinder misfire code, either because it's that severe or because it's causing other cylinders to miss also. Exhaust can revert back into the intake with some valvetrain issues for instance and cause other cylinders to miss.
The low compression is either being caused by the intake valves not fully opening or cylinder leakage. It's more likely to be leakage, and most often it's a valve or seat issue. Did you do a leakdown test to determine where compression was being lost?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not do a leakdown test and don't know where to begin.
You will need to remove the stem core from the compression gauge hose and with the number 4 piston at top dead center on the compression stroke you would apply air to the cylinder to see if it escapes out the intake, exhaust, or through the crankcase.