sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I can not get the deck on my 08 sebring convertible to

Customer Question

I can not get the deck on my 08 sebring convertible to close. Did the battery and still no luck. Think it could be the sensor out of alignment. Where is this and how do I check it?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I'm assuming it's open at the front from convertible top operation rather than open from the latch.
There are a handful of things that could be going on. It could be low on fluid due to a leak, there may be mechanical damage preventing it from moving, or the issue could be electrical. You may have a failed microswitch or wiring issue and the power top control module is intentionally stopping operation.
Do you still hear the pump running but the trunk lid isn't moving?
What message do you see on the instrument cluster when pressing the button to close it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hear the pump motor with no error messages.
Will the trunk lid and then the top raise if you try to put the two down?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The top is down and the lid is up. Neither moves no matter which way you try: up or down.
Was the top opened or closed on a foreign object tat you know of, opened in high wind, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a tool bag in the trunk when the lid was up, then put the top down with no issue. But then the top would not go up.
It was behind the cargo divider, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the lid move by hand, or will it move under power if you assist it by hand? If it doesn't move with help, does it appear to be held on one side or the other?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried and doesn't move. I have lifted the top and when I hi the down button, the lid resettles but the lid does not move, hitting the up does nothing.
Can you explain exactly what it does when you say it resettles?