Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I went to the store. Went into store, came out and car would

Customer Question

I went to the store. Went into store, came out and car would not turnover. Tried jump starting, same thing, no turnover. Can not get a fault code by turning key three times fast. Only light that is lit when key is on is anti-theft light. 2005 Chrysler
300 touring.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Can you bypass all systems and go straight to the starter to see if it will at least crank and possibly start, and let me know those results. Turn the key on, and briefly touch a bare ended wire to both small and large wires attached to the starter solenoid.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why wouldn't the rest of the dash lights light up when turning the key if it is the starter?
I don't know where the solenoid is located. The car is still at the store. It's 90 degrees and very humid out. It took 9 hours to get response. My text alert woke me up at 3 am. It is now 9 am.