sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I replaced the front blower motor resistor in my 2001

Customer Question

I replaced the front blower motor resistor in my 2001 Chrysler town and country. I also re-calibrated the system by pressing both the power and the recirculate buttons together. it ran through its paces, but the blower motor still remains on high. If you shut off the power, it sounds like the fan is still on high but sounds like it is on recirculate. The fan speed will not change from high speed. any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Due to your symptoms I'm assuming you have an automatic temperature control system which uses a blower motor power module rather than a resistor. A resistor is used on a manual system which has four blower motor speeds.
If the blower motor runs on high and cant' be controlled it's either because the power module has failed or it's control circuit is grounded. The control head sends a signal to the power module on the light blue/dark blue wire. If this wire is grounded then it will cause the motor to run full speed all the time.
What you'll need to do is verify there is a short to ground on that wire. If so then the control head should be unplugged. If the short is still present then the issue is in the wiring between the control head and power module, if the short goes away with the control head unplugged then it will need to be replaced.