Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler 2008 Town & Country 4.0 6 cyl, cranks but wont

Customer Question

Chrysler 2008 Town & Country 4.0 6 cyl,
cranks but wont start
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse, proper fuel pressure (58 PSI plus or minus 5 PSI) and good compression. If you can check each one of these and post back with which one you are lacking I will try and help you determine the cause.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had plugs replaced and other items as well in last 6 months. Have had new battery installed and replaced in last 90 days, all connections are good, + voltage is exact at terminal and engine block. Alternator output checks per manual. Occasionally it takes several tries cranking to start. This week left my wife stranded, would not start. Got assistance from a fellow with jumpers on battery and started. Checked when she got home and battery checks OK & Alternator output is correct. Intermittent problem that seems to occur only on hot days. Please help. Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay Don, when it does not want to start is this a no crank problem or is it a crank nor start? Has the computer system been scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It intermittently cranks and takes several times to start, had to get jumped for first time this week to get it to start.
Checked battery when got home after 5 minute load test with AC blowers and head lights and reading was 12.6 v.
Checked Alternator output and it was 15.3 volts.
I have a code reader I have been used on numerous vehicles and it shows NO Error Codes.
Thank you,
Don XXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The battery and the charging system look fine, have you checked the fuel pressure when it will not start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Making arrangements with service department to have codes read with his professional test equipment and have fuel pressure checked.
Don XXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay Don, I'm here all day tomorrow, post back if need be and we can work from there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TY, chkd all you suggested, no error codes on professional reader, fuel pres. ok, all voltages ok, nothing showed up but ty for info, no further help required. Don xxxxxxxx Please do not post any additional charges to may card.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You very welcome and thank you as well. I do not have any control over your credit card and or any charges to it. I am not paid anything unless you rate my service 3 or higher.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Suggestions did not help, all things you suggested were ok, please do not email me again or try to charge any more to my credit card. ty, Don XXXXXX
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Don, I have to respond back because every time you post to me it locks the question to me. Do not respond back and all will be fine. Thank you as well.