sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Left switch on 24 hrs... battery was dead..son jumped to

Customer Question

left switch on 24 hrs... battery was dead..son jumped to start... realized cd/radio screen would not light up or radio just have static..put number 20 fuse in that was bad and everthing worked.[cd/radio and reprogrammed station[1-6] screen workn too.drove to work that night light on screen went out but radio and cd worked..can u help me and tell me what is wrong?? now just cd playn radio static and clock not workn..
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the radio still powers on and works yet the display is not lit then the problem is an internal failure in the radio. Make sure though that the dimmer hasn't simply been turned down to the point that you can't see the radio display in daylight.
If the dimmer is up then the issue is in the radio. If it still plays then it's power and ground are obviously ok. It will either need to be replaced or sent out for repair, sending a radio to somewhere such as United Radio is almost always cheaper than a remanufactured unit.