Jon
Jon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Chrysler Jeep Dodge technician
62301042

HAVE A 2008 PT CRUISER RIGHT REAR TURN SIGNAL START FLASHING

Customer Question

GOOD MORNING,HAVE A 2008 PT CRUISER RIGHT REAR TURN SIGNAL START FLASHING NORMAL FOR 3 SECOND THAN GOES TO RAPID MODE.SWAP BULBS.TURN SIGNAL SWITCH,AND THE FRONT FUSE BOX ASSEMBLY.LEFT SIDE WORK FINE.iM OUT OF OPPCION,PLEASE ADVISE
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

H, are you using a 3157 bulb in the right rear and does the right front turn signal light up? The rapid flash usually means either a burnt out bulb it the right front or rear or the wrong bulb somewhere on the right side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the bulb it has are 3157,plus we swap from left to right .right side flashes normal for 3 seconds then goes on a rapid mode like burnt bulb.bulb isnt the problem.also replace mutifuntion switch niether,then replace the main fuse box with controller,niether,read something that the totaly interagate power unit should be reflash?the left side works good
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
A flash is just a software update, I doubt that would fix your issue. The totally integrated power module is the fuse box under the hood and it does control the turn signals. What about the right front turn signal bulb, is it working ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by the information i gather in the totally integrated module has the flasher incoporated,or relays.we found the connector that goes and checked the power to it when flashing.in the diagram show thats part of circuit,t5hat bwhy we changed that part,plus in the dealer says that they sell alot
and in back order,now the only thing that possible could be wrong is the ipc but not likely,just getting some input see if you all ran to a problem like that
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

I've never seen a tipm cause the issue you're having. I've replaced plenty of them but not for that issue. Are you sure the right front turn signal is working ok and has the correct bulb? You haven't answered that yet.