Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Just installed a 2.7 eng in 2004 sebring convertible. The

Customer Question

Just installed a 2.7 eng in 2004 sebring convertible. The installed eng had all numb's matching (from a 2004 2.7 convertible) same tone ring on crank and cam --I have no spark to coils . I have installed sensors from old eng crank and cam, no spark. ?? help please.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

There are a few things that can prevent the NGC computer from starting the engine (anti-theft/security system, no or wrong signals from cam and crank sensors, incorrect software), all of which require a capable scan tool to diagnose. Do you have access to one of those?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a scan tool and read There are no codes. But the eng lite in the dash blinks and then stays on !!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer in the car is matched to the flywheel tone ring and the cam sensor is also matched ,good fuel press, no blown fuses, all fluids full,all vacuum lines and elec conn. plugged in. eng turns over good.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear; you need to get access to a scan tool capable of reading live sensor data, not just codes. Only with that data can we know what's keeping the NGC from firing up the engine.

Best Regards.