Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My car is jerky. But not all the time. I'm thinking tune up.

Customer Question

My car is jerky. But not all the time. I'm thinking tune up. Just wanted a ball park so I dont screwed. I'm a woman. Ya know. Lol.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh and engine light is on.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...

From what you are describing here, I think there may be a bit more than a tune-up needed here. The Check Engine Light being on will help us a ton to determine the actual root of the problem, though!

Most Chrysler models with a digital odometer can run a self-diagnostic. Let's give it a try....

Get in the vehicle, and close all the doors. Without starting the engine, cycle the ignition ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON within 5 seconds. Where the odometer is should now be displayed "p-codes" (ie. P0123) - Can I have these codes?

Make sure to end in the ON position, and do it quickly- within 5 seconds.

If you don't get it on the first try, cycle the ignition OFF. Wait 10 seconds. Try again. On your first try, it can be tricky!