sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have front end vibration around 45 mph not much shaking

Customer Question

I have front end vibration around 45 mph not much shaking also continues to vibrate while breaking. a very tight sounding vibration. comes and goes frequently
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the vibration is constant and speed related or you have an oscillating shake in the steering wheel then tires and wheels are most suspect. You can visually insect the tires and wheels, you can also rotate the tires to see if that changes anything.
If it's more of a lower frequency shake that happens on acceleration and goes away or drastically lessens when you let off the throttle then a worn inner CV joint is most likely.
Depending on powertrain options you may have a stub shaft on the right side with a support bearing. This would be mounted to the back of the engine block, the right CV shaft attaches to the stub shaft. I've seen failures of this bearing cause a vibration.
Wheel bearing issues were pretty common on these. If it's more of a growling noise you're hearing and a high frequency vibration felt through the floorboard and it changes or goes away when swerving or turning then a failed wheel bearing is likely.