Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have 2008 Sebring convertible soft top, the top used to

Customer Question

Josh I have 2008 Sebring convertible soft top, the top used to get stuck while opening, I changed the fluid and tried everything but it didn't work
One of the things I tried was turning the knob on the side of the hydraulic motor and the deck lid fell on my back doing that, I managed to turn it back and have it held together, but now everything is stuck in this way "trunk open, tonneau is also in open position and the message reads on screen "Top Fail" what should I do now ?? Please help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This issue here may be due to a fault with one of the position switch/sensors for the top system.I have seen these fail before and cause the top to act up.If you havent had the fault codes checked for the top system this needs done and any codes set will need diagnosed and will help locate the fault here.
Thanks Pete