sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2004 Town and Country that just stopped running out

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Town and Country that just stopped running out of no where. It will start, I have checked all connections, fuel everything I can think of I even coded it with a code tool and it will not stay running more than a minute. Do you have any idea what it may be?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the engine runs but then dies with no codes and will not restart then the most likely cause would be a failing fuel pump. Anything that will cause a loss of spark should set a fault code.
You mentioned checking fuel so I'm assuming you checked fuel quality since didn't mention checking pressure. Have you checked fuel pressure with a gauge at the time the engine dies or isn't starting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I check the per sure if it dies and will not start or turn over again until it has set for approximately an hour.
I can by pass the relay on starter will turn over but not start
I wasn't aware that the starter didn't engage.
Does the PCM communicate with a scan tool when the starter doesn't' engage?