sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chryslerrunning like after egr valve replaced, cant go above

Customer Question

chrysler(###) ###-####running like crap after egr valve replaced, cant go above 58mph electrical warning light now on and cruise control wont work
all since egr replaced? help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the problem is truly related to replacing the EGR valve then I suspect the EGR tube seal was damaged. The EGR tube seals to the plenum with a thick silicone seal. This seal will easily push out of place and then suck into the intake when the engine is started, or it can damaged during installation. Either way, the tube will leak and cause what you're having. The first thing I would recommend is pulling the tube back out of the plenum and see if the seal is damaged or missing.