Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I have a 2008 Chrysler 300 sedan. Only 67k miles. The air

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chrysler 300 sedan. Only 67k miles. The air conditioner is blowing hot air and not kicking on. You could hear it when the compressor was working. I am thinking it may be the relay switch. I don't want to get ripped off someone telling me I need a whole new AC unit and system. My question for you is how should I find a qualified honest mechanic to fix this problem. First problem I ever had with the car.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have text messaging on my phone. email me please. It is hot as hell down here and the Chrysler dealership are now all covered by mopar. Tell ya the truth I don't like their rating online and don't know who to trust. If it was you Mom or Sister what would you tell her to do to get it fixed. It is like 100 degrees in the car with the heat in South Carolina. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It may also be helpful to know I just last week took the car to jiffy lube and had the complete car done. New filters, oil change, blah, blah, They wanted to add freeon (spelling?) I told them don't touch the AC. It was working then. I noticed on the way home that the air wasn't working right (just cool and it was always COLD) but I looked on my receipt and it says they didn't add free on.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing you are going to need to do is to install a set of AC gauges and read the pressure on the system. Normal pressure on a full system with the AC off should be right at 100 to 110 PSI on both the low side as well as the high side. If the system has a leak and is low on Freon the compressor will not turn on. Any good automotive shop can do this for you. Have the pressure checked and post back with the results and we can work from there if need be.