sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I bought a 2005 Chrysler 300 and the guy had the wrong

Customer Question

I bought a 2005 Chrysler 300 and the guy had the wrong battery in it so I replaced it with a brand new one and had a locksmith come out to make a new key with the oem stock alarm key pad built in it and car still wont start .when I turn the key I hear a clicking sound in the trunk
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that could be going on. You may have a failed starter, cable or connection issue, it could be the ignition switch, or the powertrain control module isn't awake. If the PCM isn't awake then it won't be able to control the starter relay, you'll also have no fuel pressure.
Does the fuel pump run when the key is first turned on? Do you know if the PCM has communication with a scan tool?