Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Electronic throttle control light came on. 2008 t&c ran

Customer Question

Electronic throttle control light came on. 2008 t&c ran rough - hard to stomp on brakes and hard to turn steering wheel. Any solution before call tow truck. What can I expect if go to dealership?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is either a large vacuum leak like the hose from the brake booster came off. If this happens, then you loose brake boost, and the engine will run rough and turn on the ETC light. The other thing it may be is an Electronic Throttle Body that has failed and will need to be replaced. Look under the hood and check for any vacuum lines that may have come off. If you see nothing, then call the tow truck. Expect the dealer to charge you a 1 hour diagnostic fee to see what the problem is. I hope this helps!

Chris