sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2008 Chrysler sebring convertible. The convertible

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chrysler sebring convertible. The convertible top goes down like it is supposed to, but when bringing the top back up the top comes up but the trunk does not go back in place, it will not move at all. If I wait a few hours it will go into
place like it is supposed to. Any ideas, I have never worked on this type convertible.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem could be mechanical or hydraulic but if it isn't attempting to move at all then the problem is likely electrical. The power top control module watches microswitches to monitor the position of each component during operation and if everything isn't in the correct state then operation will be suspend. It may have a switch or wiring issue but it could also be a mechanical issue preventing movement.
If no visual issues are seen then the first step will be checking for fault codes in the power top control module. If operation is being inhibited then there are either fault codes set or data will need to be looked at to see why operation is being prevented.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will move. but stops and the trunk will not close. I leave it alone and come back 8 to 12 hours later it will go down
What message are you seeing on the instrument cluster while pressing the switch when the top won't move?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will check in a few
Ok.