sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 1995 Chrysler Concorde. Its an old new vehicle

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Chrysler Concorde. Its an old new vehicle meaning it is 20 years old in age but basically new in use and in excellent condition. It is fully optioned with the 3.3 V6, 42LE electronic 4 speed transaxle. The car sets for long periods of time. Of late, outside in the hot Texas sun. The problem is this. It has set since early spring and when attempting to start, the engine will start but stops immediately. I have been through the entire fuel, engine electrical, emissions and engine control systems. I have a specific Chrysler maintenance manual for the vehicle and have applied it cover to cover. Fuel pressure and system components, fire to coil, injectors (using NOID light), spark to plugs, all sensors check OK, the PCM, air filter, vacuum hoses and electrical connectors all function as specified. I have yet to check the EGR valve, for vacuum leaks in the plenum and intake, or the injectors themselves (possibly stuck from the methanol fuel drying in them). This is not a flex fuel vehicle. I grew up in the sixties during the muscle car era and had my share of go-fasters. I raced Pontiacs, Chevy's, and big cube Mopars for fifteen years in 1/4 mile dirt track and NHRA drag competition until it got to expensive and commercial. The fun was gone. At one time a friend and I had a '66 Charger with a 426 c.i. hemi/4 speed (our tow car), a '65 Cornet 500 with a hemi/727 torqueflight (drag car), a '68 Cornet R/T with a 440 six pack/4 speed square gear (a Grand Spaulding Dodge, 650 HP, factory race car/D Super Stock), and finally an "A Fuel" slingshot dragster with a 426 c.i. Max-Wedge coupled to a worked 727 torqueflight direct-coupled to a 80 series Dana Splicer tall-gear turning 14" M&H wrinkles. These four vehicles were our "stable" run under the "High and Mighty" banner. We followed Dick Landey, Sox and Martin, Ed Pink and other big name Mopar racers closely. All this to say this little V6 Concorde is kicking my back side. In frustration I went to my local Chrysler dealer and spoke with the service manager and his mechanics for their input. The service manager contends the problem is not in the engine but a security-theft circuit problem. He spoke of the door lock reset anti-theft circuits and I found the one in the passenger-side door to be broken. I purchased a Mopar(###) ###-####security alarm switch off E-bay and am waiting for it to arrive. However, in surfing around I came across your site and thought to run it past you. Any help will be appreciated. I'm stumped. Thank you! If you would prefer my email is (*****@******.***). If it works , I will respond. Thanks again!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the engine starts and dies then it's very possibly a security issue. If factory security (VTSS) isn't disarmed when starting the engine it will start, run for about two seconds and die abruptly as the injectors are shut off. If your problem is with VTSS then it could be a disarm switch issue, a communication problem, or possibly in the body controller.
Are you disarming it with the key fob before trying to start the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Just Answer/Sprinkles08,
Sorry I haven't answered before now. I have been sick all week and still not feeling very well. Of course, go ahead and accept your compensation. I haven't felt like being on the computer, looking at email, etc. so I haven't read your answer but you deserve your money just for keeping in touch. I read as far as something about the VTSS and body controller. Will get to the rest of your answer when I fell better. I think there is a time limit on this but I'll have to deal with that when the time comes. I will get back to you. Sincerely, Floyd
Let me know how it goes and if you need any more help!