sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2013 town and country The electric door on the

Customer Question

I have a 2013 town and country
The electric door on the passenger side has a latching issue. It takes time for the latch to catch. A loud vibrating noisy until it catches
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's possible that you could have a mechanical issue but I'm wondering if you have a bad pawl switch. The pawl switch in the latch is what the door module looks at to know that the pawl has cinched the door in and it's closed. I've seen some of these with a failed pawl switch that didn't close. When this happens then the door will get to the point where the latch should cinch and it continually pulls in and releases. DAta will need to be looked at on a scan tool to know or sure, but if this is what you're having then most likely the latch will need to be replaced.