Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I lent my car to a friend and he took it through mud. When I

Customer Question

I lent my car to a friend and he took it through mud. When I got it back it would make an odd grinding and squealing noise when it moved, and would get worse when turning. I narrowed the sound down to the front driver side tire. I washed it and paid extra attention to the pads and rotors on three occasions now, which would fix it for an hour or two, then it came nack and it's a bit worse. Any ideas what it could be?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Mud and dirt probably got caught up in between the CV joint axle and hub bearing. Maybe also up and in between the rotor and backing plate. You should probably have a shop disassemble the left front caliber, rotor and then really inspect and clean it better. That should make the noise go away completely.

Chris