Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

My daughter has a 2001 Chrysler 300M. The A/C will

Customer Question

Hello. My daughter has a 2001 Chrysler 300M. The A/C will completely cool the car, like a blend door is stuck somewhere. I had all of the major A/C components replaced (compressor, accumulator, expansion valve, cycle switch, condenser, all o-rings) in the last few weeks, but the temp hovers around 52 degrees at the vents after running at high and low speeds. Gauges show optimal pressures, but stumped. Any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! my name is ***** ***** I would like to thank you for allowing me to assist you! Could be a blend door problem. Try this: Remove the negative battery cable for 10 minutes. Then reconnect it and start the vehicle. let the system recalibrate the doors. Hopefully this will take care of it. If not, then the HVAC housing will need to come out and the blend door checked/replaced. I have seen this issue you are having and recalibrating often fixes this.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I disconnected the battery to calibrate the temp controls again, but there was no change in the "coldness" achieved. You mentioned the HVAC housing and blend door in your reply...are these something that a "regular Joe" can do, or should that go to a shop....I don't want to try disassembling the dash from its mounts like what needed to be done with my wife's Grand Marquis, because that was a little more than I wanted to tackle on my own.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, well to be honest with you, this is a very labor intensive job and not for a "regular joe" as you say. This is something that is better suited for a Chrysler dealer or independent shop. The parts are not expensive, but it is about an 8 to 10 hour job.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Chris