Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Mt p.t wont start its not getting spark i changed the

Customer Question

hi brad mt p.t wont start its not getting spark i changed the crankshaft sensor but stil no spark its our only car n in this god forsaken town we need it
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** a 16 Yr Chrysler dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...
Did it stall on you or just wouldn't start one day? Is the timing belt ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was driving n it just died n now wont start i changed crankshaft position senser n still no spark n yes im sure its no spark i puled a wire n used n old mech trik t check n nope no spark
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
It's likely a broke timing belt. Have you checked it? Does the engine sound like its freewheeling?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wats freewheeling. and how can i check timing belt with it costing me. i can do most of my own work im just not great at diagnosis please help me i need real answers on this i donnt hav an unlimited budget on this im stil paying on the car
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Freewheeling is when it sounds like it doesn't have any compression.. Remove a spark plug and turn it over and tell me if any air blows out..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok im not near the car but im headed ther now so if it does blow air is that bad n wat does it mean. sory this takin so long im dealin wit my kids n this fon has issues. is this how i check the timing belt
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
When you remove the spark plug and spin it over, if the timing belt is intact it will blow air when you spin it over. If no air then belt is broke. You can also pry the cover back and check as well as remove the camshaft sensor and see if the camshaft is turning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok it has compression and the engine is intact i cant see inside in$i!e
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant see inside the camshaft sensor it was a tite enuf space t cHange it. wat about the asr and ne mor ideas n how long can i ask u ?s cuz
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what codes are in the PCM? If you don't have a scantool you can cycle the the key on 3 times.