sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

If you can help me of no charge i would greatly appriciate

Customer Question

hi If you can help me of no charge i would greatly appriciate it. I am disabled. @001 pt cruise 2.4 I put the factory cruise contol on it complete. Now the wie for the switch on the sterring collom it also works the air bag and hord...i had to change it (sits under the sterring wheel) becouse mine did not have the 2 wire plug for the cruise son off switch. The wirs going to the switch ionly has 5 volts coming out of it and it is not enought to turn the cruise control on. Did i forget anthe part somewhere that changes the voltage from 5 to 12?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
JustAnswer.com is a pay site. I see that you have made a deposit to ask your question but had mentioned hoping to be helped for free. If you didn't intend to ask a question and don't wish to continue please let me know.
The cruise switches receive a 5v reference so what you're seeing there is correct.
After installing the components you'd need to do a battery disconnect, start the engine and press the cruise switch for it to learn it has cruise. Was the battery disconnect done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did take the positive battery cable off when I was playing with that switch because I didn't want the air bag to go off. Ok should I take off the.negative cable for like 15 minutes and then try what u said? Does it matter which battery cable is disconnected?
It should be seeing the switch input then.
Is there vacuum at the servo with the engine running?
It's showing on my screen that you have replied to me but there is no post here on the page.