MoparHeat
MoparHeat, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Technician, 8+ years with Chrysler, ASE Certified Automotive Technician
67978266

I have a 2002 PT Cruiser that is over heating when sitting

Customer Question

I have a 2002 PT Cruiser that is over heating when sitting at stop lights or just sitting stopped to long. I have replaced the radiator and thermostat but that didn't help. So I took out the thermostat and that still didn't help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for your inquiry. My name is ***** ***** will be assisting you...

This would most likely be an issue with the radiator fan. Have you checked to see if it is running? Does it go to high speed with air conditioning on?

Please let me know and we can go from there. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't tell for sure the engine is to loud and you can't reall see it but I don't think so
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Normally you can look down to the back side of the fan. Towards the engine. Look to see if the fan blade is turning. A flashlight may be needed to verify. If it's not running the fan assembly itself is most likely at fault. If you are comfortable with electrical testing I can provide testing procedures. If not you can have the wiring tested by a shop or knowledgeable friend. Almost always it the radiator fan assembly itself that needs replacing. It is a common issue for the PT Cruisers.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you need more help or information. Thank you!