Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chrysler Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Chrysler Diagnostics
18617752

What does check TPM SYSTEM mean?

Customer Question

What does check TPM SYSTEM mean?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...
The TPM System is the Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Unfortunately, there are dozens of parts/sensors in the TPM System, so to tell you exactly where the problem lies would be impossible. First and foremost, make sure all the tires are inflated to the proper pressure. If one of the tires was low, after refilling to proper pressure, drive vehicle for a minimum of 10 minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 15 mph and the light should reset itself. If no tires are low, then to more accurately determine the root of the problem, we'll need Diagnostic Trouble Codes. For this, a scan-tool that can interact with the TPM System will be needed. Once we have those Trouble Codes, we can more efficiently diagnosis the problem and then make the correct repair. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept. Remember, your rating is required.