sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 1999 Chrysler Cirrus lxi V6 that stalls out when at

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Chrysler Cirrus lxi V6 that stalls out when at a stop
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that could be causing the engine to die. It could be a driveability issue or it could be transmission related. If the torque converter clutch comes on when coming to a stop ten it will drag the engine down and kill it quickly. If it's simply a low idle then the idle air control motor, carbon buildup in the throttle body or a leaking EGR valve would be the most common causes; it's also possible you're losing spark due to a loss of signal from the cam or crank sensor.
The first step in diagnosing the problem is to check for fault codes. Do you know if any codes are setting?