sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

How do I get the convertible to go all the way down on a

Customer Question

How do I get the convertible to go all the way down on a 2008 Chrysler Seabring Touring?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Getting the top to move is most likely going to require repairing the problem causing it to stop. The top is controlled by a module and if it sees an issue that can cause damage it will suspend operation until the problem isn't' present.
If you still hear the pump motor running but the top doesn't move then you have a fluid related issue, whether it's low fluid, the pump itself or a cylinder issue. The first thing that should be done is check the fluid level.
Otherwise the problem could either be a mechanical issue or electrical. If you don't' see any mechanical issues with the components then the next step will be to see what fault codes are setting in the power top control module. It watches a series of microswitches and if one isn't in the correct state then it will suspend operation. If it is purposely stopping the top from moving then most likely a fault code has set, otherwise data will need to be looked at to see why operation is being inhibited.