sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Battery dies over night because when I turn off take out the

Customer Question

Battery dies over night because when I turn off take out the keys my ac and radio and cd changer goes off but my dash with the engine Gage's stays on all night and now the gps won't show up on the screen
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem may be with the instrument cluster itself, wiring, or you may have an ignition switch issue. If the ignition switch is still supplying power to the cluster when the key is off then it will cause the cluster to stay awake, a power feed shorted to voltage will keep it awake, or there could be another module issue. In some vehicle the body controller sends a wakeup signal to the cluster over the PCI communication bus.
What model is the vehicle?