Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler 3500 cummins dodge: 2004 dodge 3500 diesel. when cruising

Customer Question

2004 dodge 3500 diesel. when cruising on the highway at 65 the tow haul mode kicks in on its own and winds up the rpm's. I hit the button and it free's up to normal rpm. Does this sporadically. sometimes not for years. Then ll the sudden it starts doing it again. Then disappears and works fine again. Transmission shops don't know why. Saw on a thread where they said clean all the grounds. What can you tell me?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Does the "Tow/Haul" Light actually turn on on it's own when this happens?